Welcome to #CPCRetroDev 2016, the 4th edition if the retro game creation contest of the University of Alicante. This contest awards the best and most creative developers of the retro scene, able to develop the best games for Amstrad CPC 464. The main characteristics of this year’s contest are:
- AWARDS ( 1.050 € )
- PRO jury will be directed by The Oliver Twins, and will be composed by Escuela Politécnica Superior, RetroManiac, Devilish Games, Lucera Project, Fase Bonus, Amstrad Eterno and El Mundo del Spectrum.
- Special awards will be assessed by César Astudillo (Gominolas), Jon Ritman and Víctor Ruíz exclusively.
- Games awarded with a special mention will be given the special quality seal with the name of the award.
- A physical cassette edition with all presented games will be created and distributed.
- Any game themes are valid, as long as they are valid for all publics,
- An additional 5 points will be given to games including any kind of gesture to the game Camelot Warriors (Dinamic, 1986) for his 30th aniversary.
- Submission deadline: October, the 26th, 2016, 23:59h (CEST Timezone)
Before submiting, please do thoroughly read contest rules. Then, develop your game and fill in the form below for submiting your entry. Please, ensure that you correctly provide your email address, so as we can contact you.
Here you may find some links to developer tools for Amstrad CPC:
ZIP File, Up to 20 MB.
We want to express our deepest gratitude to jury members and collaborators for their commitment with the contest. Moreover, this year, we are specially proud of and grateful to César Astudillo, Jon Ritman and Víctor Ruíz for supporting #CPCRetroDev. A million thanks to all of you!